Todd General Store
Established in 1914, The Todd General Store (originally Cook Brothers General Store) was built by Walter and Monroe Cook in anticipation of the arrival of the Norfolk and Western "Virginia Creeper" railroad. It is a contributing property in the Todd Historic District, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The oldest operating store in Ashe County, it remains "the gathering place" for local residents where stories of days past are still swapped, relationships are built, and community spirit nourished.
See how the new owners of the Todd General Store reflect the culture and values of this small mountain community: Todd General Store Video.