Frequently Asked Questions

Do you offer Gift Certificates/Gift Cards?

A: Of course! Gift certificates are a perfect gift to give friends, family, coworkers, etc. You may purchase any amount for any gift certificate, but the most popular amounts are $300 and up. To order, email or give us a call during business hours and we will get you taken care of.

What is check-in time?

A: Check-in is 4pm, guaranteed by 6pm. An early 2pm check-in can be added for an additional fee if available.

What is check-out time?

A: Check-out is 10am prompt. A late 1pm check-out can be added for an additional fee if available.

When is my payment due?

A: One-half is due upon reservation. The balance is due 30 days before your arrival. Thus, if your stay is 30 days or less away, then full payment is due upon reservation.

Do I need to come to the office to pick up a key to check into my vacation rental?

A: No, you will receive an email with directions, access code and check in information 3 days prior to arrival. You may go directly to your vacation rental to check in.

Are linens provided (sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels)?

A: Yes, each vacation rental has linens provided (sheets, bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels, pillows, quilt/comforter, kitchen towel). Upon your departure, the linen service will launder. River & outdoor use towels are not provided.

Is cleaning included with my reservation?

A: Yes, Basic cleaning & linen service are included with the reservation. Please put all items back as you found them. You may leave the dishwasher running.

What about trash removal?

A: Take the trash to one of our convenience centers (location information is in guest book).  Should you leave behind bagged trash, please leave housekeeping a tip for this removal. DO NOT leave trash bags outside that are not secured in a trash can with a closed lid (due to dogs or wild animals). Convenience Centers are open and free for your use 7am-7pm Monday - Saturday. Closed on Sundays and major holidays.  The Guest Information Book offers Convenience Center locations or view online: Convenience Center Locations & Hours

Is smoking permitted inside the cabin?

A: No. Smoking is not permitted inside ANY of our vacation rentals.

Can I bring my pets to the cabin?

A: Many of our vacation rentals are dog friendly. Dog size permitted varies per cabin. Please see the specific vacation rental cabin full description as to dog size permitted for that cabin.  We must be notified in advance if you are bringing your dog (stating one or two and their size). No more than two dogs permitted.  Fees may apply.  Please contact us directly with any questions. See our Pets Welcome Policy for full details. 

Is firewood provided or should we bring our own?

A: Starter firewood is provided for indoor wood burning fireplaces (NOT outside fireplaces or fire pits). You may purchase firewood at most of our local convenience stores. Cutting branches, limbs or trees on the property is strictly prohibited. You can use any limbs or sticks found on the ground. Absolutely NO fires are permitted outside, unless the property is fitted with a fire ring/fire pit. You may NOT bring your own. Some properties are very close to the woods, and building a fire outside of a designated area is very dangerous and is against the law.

Is there propane for gas grill?

A: Yes, we expect there to be propane for the grill. However, since the grill tanks do not have gauges we cannot guarantee how much. If you run out we are glad to offer you a tank from our office or you may exchange the propane cylinder at a local store and 4 Seasons will be happy to reimburse. Guest provide charcoal for charcoal grills.

What do I need to bring with me?

A: Each 4 Seasons vacation rental provides a starter roll of paper towels, toilet tissue for each bathroom and a couple trash bags. You will want to bring a flashlight, food including spices, coffee filters, additional paper products (toilet paper, paper towels) detergent, trash bags, and personal toiletries, Other suggested items include binoculars, comfortable walking/hiking shoes, fishing poles, hair dryer, board games, medicine, bathing suit, golf clubs, tennis rackets and balls, and sunscreen.

Do I need 4 Wheel Drive to access my vacation rental?

A: Some roads to our vacation rentals are secondary state or non-state maintained gravel/dirt roads. Some roads and driveways have steepness to them. Always ask us directly about the access to our vacation rentals prior to booking if you have concerns. During the winter months we always recommend 4-wheel drive, all wheel drive and/or tire chains to travel to all our vacation rentals.

Will I have cell phone service at my rental?

A: Cell phone service is not guaranteed. You may check with your service provider to see if service is available.

Is there a minimum age for reserving?

A: Yes, the person reserving and responsible for the vacation rental reservation must be 24 years or older. The reservation holder must be present during the reservation.

Is the river deep enough to swim in?

A: The New River is known for canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and fishing. The current river level depends on the weather and the amount of rain we receive. Depths vary in the New River.

Do we need to obtain any kind of fishing license? If so, where do we get them and how much are they?

A: Yes, you will need a fishing license. You may purchase one at our local Wal-Mart or online.

What is there to do in the area?

A: You’ll be pleased with all the attractions in our scenic High Country area. We offer a Guest Information Book in each of our vacation rentals packed with things to do in the area, including shopping, dining, sightseeing, kayaking, fishing, hiking, waterfalls, wineries, art galleries, area maps and much more! You can also view this on our website at Explore Area.

Can I have a wedding, reception, group gathering/retreat, or family reunion at the cabin?

A: House parties are not allowed. You may only have the maximum of the number of guests the vacation rental allows due to water(private well) and sewage usages(private septic). You must have prior written approval from 4 Seasons Vacations for any gathering that requires more than the number of guests the vacation rental allows in sleeping occupancy. If event is allowed, additional fees and agreement, including event insurance and port-a-potties, may be required.

Once I confirm my booking, can I move my cabin stay to a different date?

A: No, The dates you book are being held for you. All cancellations must be in writing. See Vacation Rental Agreement. Travel Insurance is always recommended as they offer reimbursement for cancellations for covered reasons. See Travel Insurance.

What happens if I have to cancel my stay?

All cancellations must be in writing. If property is re-rented for the same period as your lease, you will receive a refund of advance rents paid less $70.00 cancellation & $90.00 reservation fee as well as any third party services you have ordered including concierge. If property is not re-rented for the same period, tenant will not be entitled to reimbursement for any advance rent paid to 4 Seasons. The guest with travel insurance may be due a refund from the travel insurance company. We recommend Red Sky Travel Insurance. If you have to check out earlier than your scheduled check-out date, please notify our office of this early departure.

Are fireworks allowed at my vacation rental?

A: Fireworks are prohibited at the vacation rental. Any guests found with fireworks will lose their occupancy due to safety concerns, and will be subject to state prosecution (don’t expect any warnings). Do expect both the local police and residents to be monitoring the use of fireworks closely.

Are firearms allowed at my vacation rental?

A: We prohibit the use of ANY firearm at 4 Seasons vacation rental properties. Although the area may appear secluded, there are homes through the woods in closer proximity than you think. No exceptions!

Are 4-Wheelers, UTVs, ATVs allowed at my vacation rental?

A: No, 4-Wheelers, UTVs, ATVs or similar vehicle are prohibited from being driven at the vacation rental. Any guests found using this type of vehicle on the vacation rental property will lose their occupancy due to safety concerns.

What should I do if I have a maintenance issue upon arrival?

A: Your vacation rental home experiences a lot of traffic during the season. We work hard to make sure you experience no issues during your stay. If you find any maintenance or housekeeping issues upon arrival, please let us know as soon as possible. Please call our office at 336-246-2700 or text us at 336-977-2597 with the cabin name and your maintenance issue.

Common Maintenance Questions:

  • When changing the settings on your refrigerator and stocking groceries; please keep in mind that refrigerators take some time to adjust, and could take up to 24 hours to adequately cool your food and beverages. Settings should be in the middle of the range for both the fridge and freezer sections. Don't expect a cooler fridge immediately, particularly on days that include multiple door openings due to departure/cleaning/arrival.
  • Air conditioning units typically will only cool 15 degrees difference than the outdoor temperature. Do not dramatically change the settings on the thermostat, for this will cause the air conditioner to freeze-up and not work. Do not set the AC thermostat temp below 72 degrees.
  • Internet service- if you arrive to your vacation rental and find that the internet is not working, locate the modem and router, unplug them for 2 minutes then plug them back in. After giving them a few more minutes to boot back up, please try to reconnect. We find that this solves the majority of internet issues. Your WIFI code (if required) is printed in the Guest Information Book in your rental or on your Check-In Information emailed to you.
  • Gas logs are thermostatically controlled. Thus if the fire goes out, but the pilot light remains lit (a one inch flame) then the fire will come back on when the temperature of the room decreases. Should your pilot light go out, please follow the instructions on the laminated sign or the metal instructions by the fireplace.

What does motorcycle friendly mean?

A. Motorcycle friendly means the vacation rental is accessed off paved roads or a short distance on gravel.

What address can I put in my GPS to find my Vacation Rental?

A: 4 Seasons Vacation Rentals does not recommend GPS or online maps for exact directions in our mountain region. We recommend using GPS to get into the area and then use the directions we provide in your Check-In Email. Our office is located in the town of Jefferson and GPS will get you to us.

What is the Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)? What about a Security Deposit?

A: ADP is included in each reservation (under 28 days) in lieu of paying a security deposit. The ADP will cover up to $750 of accidental damages if and only if the damage/accident is reported at the time of occurrence. See your VRA, Item #2 for full details and exclusions. Guest credit card on file may be charged up to $500 for items not covered under the ADP. A Security/Damage Deposit is charged on all reservations for stays of 28 days or more and for any Mountain View Lodge stay

Can I use someone else's credit or debit card? Can my friends/family make payments on our reservation?

A: If you are going to be splitting the cost with other members of your party, we recommend exchanging funds among your party and allowing the reservation holder to make payments. However, when another person wants to pay the balance, we must add the new person to the reservation, and have them sign a card authorization form as well as our Vacation Rental Agreement.

Got another question that we didn't answer here? Just email us at [email protected] or call our in area staff at 336-246-2700, and we'll be glad to help you.